The Mississippi Building Construction Contractor's Trades Exam and the Mississippi Business Law Exam are the two tests you'll need to pass to get your…Read More>>
This complete book set includes the following: Design & Control of Concrete Mixtures, 16th Edition 2018 International Building Code (IBC) Handlin…Read More>>
The Mississippi Building Contractor Trades Exam and the Mississippi Business Law Exam are the two tests you'll need to pass to get your contractor's l…Read More>>
Pre-Printed tabs for all 11 Books used in the Mississippi Building Contractor Exam. Each tab set includes blank tabs for additional customization. Pre…Read More>>Step 2
Purchase your exam prep course - Mississippi Building Contractor Complete Course Package.Step 3
Study for, and take your Mississippi Building Contractor Exam.Step 4
Register for the Mississippi Building Contractor Exam here.
Mississippi Commercial General Contractor Requirements & Application
- Licensure will be required for the practice of contracting in Mississippi for commercial projects that $100,000 or more or public projects $50,000 or more.
- Pre-approval from the state is required to sit for the examination.
- The Mississippi Business and Law exam is also required to be passed to obtain your contractors license.
- Applicants must submit CPA reviewed financial statements to document sufficient net worth and provide proof of workers compensation insurance at required levels of coverage.
- Applicant must Provide a Certificate of General Liability insurance coverage showing current minimum coverage of $300,000.00 per occurrence and $600,000.00 aggregate.
- Applicant must show experience in the Classification of work requested. Please List 3 jobs Completed.
- Applicant must provide a reviewed or audited financial statement prepared and signed by a certified public accountant completed within the last twelve (12) months. A compilation will not be accepted. Applicants for a major classification must demonstrate a net worth of at least Fifty Thousand Dollars ($50,000).Board Contact Information:
Mississippi State Board of Contractors
2679 Crane Ridge Dr. Suite, C
Jackson, MS 39216
Frequently Asked Questions: Mississippi FAQ Fees: The application fee for a new Mississippi contractor license is $300.Mississippi Application
Mississippi Building Contractor Test Information
This open book test covers information over 11 subject areas. The questions are created from content in the Mississippi Business Law book.
Candidate Information Bulletin: Click here to download the bulletin.
Exam Information Exam Fee $120 Number of Questions 80 Passing Score 70% Time Limit 180 Minutes
Subject Area Number of Questions Site work 6 Concrete 12 Masonry 6 Metals 12 Carpentry 7 Thermal and Moisture Protection 7 Doors and Windows 3 Finishes 3 Safety 6 General Code, Plan Reading and Estimating 15 Mississippi One Call 3
Mississippi Builders License Reciprocity
Mississippi has established reciprocity with Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, South Carolina and Tennessee. Must have Held License in Classification for 3 years. Does NOT Apply to NASCLA. State Business Law exam will still need to be taken.
Mississippi Buildering Construction Permitted Work
With this license you may bid on and build all types of buildings in MS. Residential and Commercial structures.