The Tennessee BC-C Industrial Contractor exam and the Tennessee Business Law exam are the two tests you'll need to pass to get your Contractors licens…Read More>>
This complete book set includes the following: International Building Code 2012 OSHA 1926 Construction Industry Regulations Book Modern Masonry, 8th …Read More>>
The Tennessee BC-C Industrial Trades Exam and the Tennessee Business Law Exam are the two tests you'll need to pass to get your contractor's license. …Read More>>
Pre-Printed tabs for all books used in theTN BC – C Industrial Contractor Reference Book Set. Each tab set includes blank tabs for additional cu…Read More>>
State Requirements & Application
* A license is required when the total cost or contract amount is $25,000 or more.
Monetary limits for each license as follows:
* 10 times working capital OR 10 times net worth – whichever is LESS
* If the requested monetary limit is $3,000,000 or less, a reviewed financial statement is required.
* If the requested monetary limit is greater than $3,000,000 an audited financial statement is required.
* A license is not granted solely on meeting one requirement. All requirements must be met (exams, financials, experience, etc) and all information submitted is consideredBoard Contact Information:
Board for Licensing Contractors4th Floor, Davy Crockett Tower
500 James Robertson Pkwy.
Nashville, TN 37243-1150
Website: Tennessee State Contractors License Board
Fees: The application fee for a new contractor's license in Tennessee is $250. To obtain a license application and other forms for Tennessee go to Tennessee Contractors Application
Exam Information Exam Fee $55 Number of Questions 72 Passing Score 73% or 53 Questions Time Limit 210 Minutes
Subject Area Number of Questions Sitework, Footings and Foundation 5 Concrete and Concrete Reinforcement 18 Masonry 6 Carpentry 4 Metals 13 Roofing 4 Associate Trades 4 OSHA Safety 5 General Code, Plan Reading, and Estimating 13