Pre-Highlighted & Tabbed North Carolina Residential ComboMSRP:$1,939.00
North Carolina Residential ComboMSRP:$1,439.00
North Carolina Residential Contractor Reference Book SetMSRP:$885.00
North Carolina Residential Contractor Exam Prep CourseMSRP:$499.00
Printed Book Tabs for North Carolina Residential ContractorMSRP:$56.00
Pre-Highlighted & Tabbed North Carolina Residential Combo
The North Carolina Residential Exam test you'll need to pass to get your contractor's license. The trades exam is created from information in 10 books…Read More>>MSRP:$1,939.00Add to Cart View Product
North Carolina Residential Combo
The North Carolina Residential Exam test you'll need to pass to get your contractor's license. The trades exam is created from information in 10 books…Read More>>MSRP:$1,439.00Add to Cart View Product
North Carolina Residential Contractor Reference Book Set
This complete contractors test prep book set includes the following:Books Allowed in the NC Contractor's License Exam:1. Occupational Safety and Healt…Read More>>MSRP:$885.00Add to Cart View Product
North Carolina Residential Contractor Exam Prep Course
The North Carolina Residential Exam test you'll need to pass to get your contractor's license. The trades exam is created from information in 10 books…Read More>>MSRP:$499.00Add to Cart View Product
Printed Book Tabs for North Carolina Residential Contractor
Pre-Printed tabs for all 10 Books used in the North Carolina Residential Contractor Exam. Each tab set includes blank tabs for additional customizatio…Read More>>MSRP:$56.00Add to Cart View Product
State Requirements & Application
* License will be required for the practice of contracting in North Carolina for any job over $30,000
* Pre-approval from the state is required to sit for the examination.
* The license has three basic types
Financial limit per project is $500,000 and in order to qualify the applicant must show that their assets exceed liabilities by $17,000 by providing audited financial statements.
Financial Limit per project is $1,000,000 and in order to qualify the applicant must show that assets exceed liabilities by $75,000 by providing audited financial statements.
There is no limit on project size, and in order to qualify the applicant must show that assets exceed liabilities by $150,000 by providing audited financial statements
All applicants are required to submit three (3) Letters of Reference.
Letters of Reference should demonstrate to the Board that the applicant is possessed of good character and is qualified as to competency, ability and integrity. References should provide an evaluation of the applicant as to the references general experience with the applicant. References must be no older than 12 months from the date of receipt of the application by the Licensing Board. Reference letters must be written on business letterhead from the provider or the reference providers signature must be notarized. Reference should not be from family members or interrelated companies (for example parent/subsidiaries and their employees). Form letters cannot be accepted.
Applications without the required number of references will be considered incomplete and will be returned.Board Contact Information:
North Carolina Licensing Board for General Contractors
5400 Creedmoor Road
Raleigh, NC 27612
Website: North Carolina Contractors Board
The application fee for an unlimited license is $125
The application fee for an intermediate license is $100
The application fee for an limited license is $75
To obtain a North Carolina contractor's license application go to North Carolina Application
Test Information This NC contractor's exam covers information in the 10 subject areas below. The questions are created from content in the 10 book set shown below the following chart.
Candidate Information Bulletin: Click here to download the bulletin.
North Carolina Contractors Testing Process:
1. To apply, contact the state of North Carolina at 1-919-571-4183 or download the application at North Carolina Application
2. Candidates must complete the appropriate examination application and submit it to the Board office along with a fee and supporting documents.
3. Board office notifies PSI of the candidates eligible for testing while also notifying individual applicants of eligibility.
5. Once approved for examination eligibility, the candidate will register with PSI. You will have only 120 days from eligibility to pass the exam. You have 2 attempts to pass the exam. After that you will need to reapply.
6. Candidates may take their test at any of the PSI testing locations found in the Candidate Information Bulletin PSI Candidate Bulletin
7. Information regarding the examination itself can be found by visiting PSI Exams's website at PSI EXAMS or calling PSI at 1-800-733-9267. Candidate Information Bulletin - Download the bulletin from PSI.
8. Board office will notify candidates of exam results.
Exam Information Exam Fee $70 Number of Questions 90 Passing Score 70% Time Limit 210 Minutes
The North Carolina Residential Contractor license classification covers all types of construction activity pertaining to the construction of (single - not multi unit) residential units that are required to conform to the residential code adopted by the Building Code Council.It covers all site-work, driveways and sidewalks ancillary to the residential structure and the work done as part of such residential units under the specialty classifications of Insulation, Masonry, and Swimming Pools.
Join Our Mailing List for special offers!