The Tennessee Business Law Exam is required for all Contractors in order to obtain your license. This combo prep course includes absolutely everything…Read More>>
The Tennessee Business Law and Project Management Online Prep course will reduce your study time by about 95% (Instant Access) This includes: Onlin…Read More>>
Tennessee, Business and Project Management for Contractors 3rd edition is designed to provide an overview of business management subjects for contract…Read More>>
State Requirements & Application
* A license is required when the total cost or contract amount is $25,000 or more.
Monetary limits for each license as follows:
* 10 times working capital OR 10 times net worth – whichever is LESS
* If the requested monetary limit is $1,500,000 or less, a reviewed financial statement is required.
* If the requested monetary limit is greater than $1,500,000, an audited financial statement is required.
* A license is not granted solely on meeting one requirement. All requirements must be met (exams, financials, experience, etc) and all information submitted is consideredBoard for Licensing Contractors
4th Floor, Davy Crockett Tower
500 James Robertson Pkwy.
Nashville, TN 37243-1150
Website: Tennessee State Contractors License Board
Fees: The application fee for a new TN contractor's license is $250. To obtain a license application and other forms for Tennessee go to Tennessee Contractors Application
Exam Information Exam Fee $55 Number of Questions 50 Passing Score 73% or 37 Questions Time Limit 140 Minutes
Subject Area Number of Questions Licensing Requirements 5 Estimating and Bidding 7 Business Organization and Financial Management 7 Tax Laws 5 Labor Laws 5 Project Management and Lien Law 6 Contracts 6 Risk Management 4 Environmental and Safety 5