The Mississippi General Contractor's Trades Exam and the Mississippi Business Law Exam are the two tests you'll need to pass to get your contractor's …Read More>>
The NASCLA is a Nationally Accepted Commercial Trades Exam Accepted in 16 States. The trades exam is created from information in 23 books. Check with …Read More>>
Pre-Printed tabs for all 23 Books used in the NASCLA Exam including your business law book. These are the premium Mylar/plastic tabs. Assorted colors …Read More>>
Mississippi Commercial General Contractor Requirements & Application
- Licensure will be required for the practice of contracting in Mississippi for commercial projects that $100,000 or more or public projects $50,000 or more.
- Pre-approval from the state is required to sit for the examination.
- The Mississippi Business and Law exam is also required to be passed to obtain your contractors license.
- Applicants must submit CPA reviewed financial statements to document sufficient net worth and provide proof of workers compensation insurance at required levels of coverage.
- Applicant must Provide a Certificate of General Liability insurance coverage showing current minimum coverage of $300,000.00 per occurrence and $600,000.00 aggregate.
- Applicant must show experience in the Classification of work requested. Please List 3 jobs Completed.
- Applicant must provide a reviewed or audited financial statement prepared and signed by a certified public accountant completed within the last twelve (12) months. A compilation will not be accepted. Applicants for a major classification must demonstrate a net worth of at least Fifty Thousand Dollars ($50,000).Board Contact Information:
Mississippi State Board of Contractors
2679 Crane Ridge Dr. Suite, C
Jackson, MS 39216
Frequently Asked Questions: Mississippi FAQ Fees: The application fee for a new Mississippi contractor license is $200 for one classification plus $50 for each additional classification.Mississippi Application
NASCLA Commercial Test Information
Test Information This test covers information in the 12 subject areas below. The questions are created from content in the 23 book set shown below the following chart.
Candidate Information Bulletin: PSI Exams NASCLA Commercial General Contractor Candidate Bulletin
Exam Information Exam Fee $130 Number of Questions 115 Passing Score 70% or 81 Questions Time Limit 330 Minutes
Subject Area Number of Questions General Requirements 25Site Construction
15 Concrete 6Masonry
4 Metals 6 Wood 5 Thermal and Moisture Protection 5 Doors, Windows, and Glazing 4 Finishes 5 Mechanical and Plumbing Systems 6 Electrical Systems 3 Procurement and Contracting Requirements 31
Mississippi Builders License Reciprocity
Mississippi has established reciprocity with Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, South Carolina and Tennessee. The NASCLA exam serves as your trades exam in Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, U.S. Virgin Islands, West Virginia.
Mississippi NASCLA Commercial Exam Permitted Work
With this license you may bid on and build all types of buildings in MS. Residential and Commercial structures.