The Georgia Residential Basic Contractor's Trades Exam and the Georgia Business Law Exam are the two tests you'll need to pass to get your contractor'…Read More>>
Georgia Residential Contractor Basic Book Set. This "Complete" Contractor test prep book set includes the following: 1. Georgia Business Law & Pro…Read More>>
The Georgia Residential Trades Exam and the Georgia Business Law Exam are the two tests you'll need to pass to get your contractor's license. The trad…Read More>>
Pre-Printed tabs for all 9 Books used in the Georgia Basic Residential Contractor Exam. Each tab set includes blank tabs for additional customization.…Read More>>
Georgia Residential Basic State Requirements & Application
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be of good character and otherwise qualified as to competency, ability, integrity and financial responsibility. To prove financial responsibility you may submit a bank credit reference for showing 24 months history; a $25,000 surety bond; a $25,000 line of credit or letter of credit; or affirmation of a minimum net worth of $25,000. Must provide a bank credit reference for or credit report within 45 days.
- Must show two years of proven experience in employment of residential contractor and successful completion of at least two projects in the two years prior to application submission.
- Must provide copy of an insurance certificate showing proof of workers compensation insurance as required by Georgia law and liability insurance with a minimum amount of $300,000.
- Residential Basic and Residential Light Commercial contractors do not have any minimum net worth requirements.
Professional Licensing Board Division
237 Coliseum Dr.
Macon, GA 31217-3858
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:30pm
Website: Georgia Licensing Contractors Board
Fees: The application fee for a new prime contractor license is $300. The renewal fee is $200. The application fee for a subcontractor is $150.
Georgia Residential Basic Test Information
This open book test covers information over 8 subject areas. The questions are created from content in the 8 book set shown below. Pre-approval from the state is required to sit for this exam. There is also a GA Business Law exam which will cover information from the other book in the set below.
Candidate Information Bulletin: Georgia Residential Basic Candidate Bulletin
Applicants must also pass a separate exam on Business Law and Project Management for Georgia. There is a separate $60 fee for the Business Law exam.
Exam Information Exam Fee $72 Number of Questions 80 Passing Score 70% or 56 Questions Time Limit 200 Minutes
Subject Area Number of Questions Sitework, Footings and Foundation 8Concrete and Concrete Reinforcement
8 Masonry 5 Carpentry 16 Roofing 8 General Code and Construction Knowledge 18 Associated Trades 10 OSHA Safety 7
Georgia Residential Basic Reciprocity
Georgia has established Reciprocity with Louisiana, South Carolina, and Mississippi. You must hold a current active Residential Builders license and have obtained the license by state examination. Georgia Reciprocity Agreements General Contractors
Georgia Residential Basic Permitted Work
With this license you may work on jobs relative to detached one-family and two-family residences and one-family townhouses not over three stories in height.
Georgia Residential Basic Required Examinations
- Georgia Residential Basic Trades Exam
- Georgia Business Law and Project Management