This "Complete" book set includes the following: 1. NASCLA Business & Law Manual, 13th Edition 2. International Residential Code 2015 3. OSHA Code…Read More>>
The New Mexico GB-2 and GB-98 Trades Exam and the New Mexico Business Law Exam are the two tests you'll need to pass to get your contractor's license.…Read More>>
Pre-Printed tabs for all 20 New Mexico GB-2 andGB-98 Contractor Part 1 and 2 Bookset. Each tab set includes blank tabs for additional customization. P…Read More>>
State Requirements & ApplicationRequirements:
* Requires 4 years experience.
* Any one engaged in construction-related contracting in New Mexico must be licensed.
* The New Mexico Business and Law exam is also required to be passed to obtain your contractor's license.
* Pre-Approval is required to sit for the exam. Approval takes 7 business days on average.
* New Mexico issues contracting licenses in approximately 100 different classifications.
These classifications can be found in the New Mexico Administrative Code, Title 14, Chapter 6.
* Definition of a contractor for New Mexico can be found in the Construction Industries Licensing Act, NMSA 1978, Section 60-13-3
Board Contact Information:
New Mexico Regulation & Licensing Department
Construction Industries Division
Toney Anaya Building
2550 Cerrillos Rd.
Sante Fe, NM 87113
Website: New Mexico Contractors Board
FAQs: New Mexico FAQ
License Application and Approval: Licensing is handled by PSI
Phone: 877.663.9267 to get a live person, press 1, then 16790
Application Download and Processing Info: Applications are processed in 7-10 business days. If the application is not approved, the entire application package and application fee will be returned (less a $30 rejection fee) Click here to download the application
Fees: The application fee for a new GB-2 pr GB-98 contractor license is $30. The license fee is $100 per year for each classification
To obtain a license application and other forms for New Mexico, go to New Mexico Application
Exam Information Exam Fee $134.53 Number of Questions 100 Passing Score 77% or 81 Questions Time Limit 330 Minutes
Subject Area Number of Questions Sitework, Footings and Foundations 10Concrete and Concrete Reinforcement 15 Masonry 10 Carpentry 6 Metals 10 Roofing 6 Associated Trades 10 Estimating, Plan Reading and General Code Requirements 27 Osha Safety 6