Choose Your State

Nevada Residential Light Commercial (B-2)

The complete combo package includes:

  • All the books for the NV Residential Light Commercial Exam & Business Law
  • Pre-printed book tabs for all the books
  • Each Book's Individual Highlighting Presentation
  • Audio tracks for each book to help with some memorization
  • Digital Study Guides
  • Quizzes for each individual book
  • Book lookup exercises
  • Unlimited practice exams
  • Unlimited coaching
  • Unlimited support
  • More Info...

    To Purchase a Pretabbed and Highlighted Nevada B-2 Package Click Here

    If you need individual books for this exam click here.

    Step 3

    Study for your Nevada Residential Light Commercial (B-2) Contractor Exam

    Nevada Residential Light Commercial (B-2) Exam Requirements & Application

    *Nevada applicants must sit for two exams: Contractor Management Survey and the Trades Exam.

    *Financial statements must be submitted with your application to the state licensing board to determine monetary limits. Monetary limits are determined based on factors set forth in NRS 624.260, 263, and 265. If seeking a financial limit less than $1,000,000 the statement must be either prepared by a certified public accountant, self-prepared on a form prescribed by the Board, or prepared using accounting software and accompanied by an affidavit. When seeking a monetary limit of $1,000,000 or more, the financial statement must be reviewed and audited by a CPA.

    *Experience Requirement - Four years (within the last 10) of experience as a journeyman, foreman, supervising employee or contractor in the specific classification requested.*A Nevada contractor license bond is required. This can range from $1,000 - $500,000, with the actual amount determined by the Board.

    *All contractors are also required to carry worker's compensation insurance (aka certificate of liability insurance covering employess for industrial injury and occupational diseases).

    Board Contact Information:

    Southern Nevada Contractors Board
    2310 Corporate Circle, Ste 200
    Henderson, NV 89074

    Northern Nevada Contractors Board
    9670 Gateway Dr. Ste 100
    Reno, NV 89521

    Frequently Asked Questions:

    The fees for a Nevada contractor's license are the same regardless of the classification of license for which you are applying. The fee to apply is $300.

    If your Nevada contractor license is approved the license fee is $600 for a two year license. Nevada does NOT issue one year licenses. If you are engaged in residential work you must participate in the Residential Recovery Fund. The Residential Recovery Fund fee is based on the monetary limit placed on the license. The license fee and Residential Recovery Fund fee is due at the time your license is issued and every two years when your license is renewed. Fees must be paid in full. There is no payment plan and the Board does not accept partial payments. To obtain a license application and other forms for Nevada go to Application Here

    Nevada Residential Light Commercial (B-2) Test Information

    Test Information This residential contractor exam covers information in the 11 subject areas below. The questions are created from content in the 12 book set shown below the following chart. You must get pre-approval from the board to sit for this contractors test.
    Candidate Information Bulletin: Click here to download the bulletin.

    Applicants must also pass a separate Contractor Management Survey exam.

    Exam Information
    Exam Fee $95
    Number of Questions 80
    Passing Score 70% or 56 Questions
    Time Limit 180 Minutes

    Subject Area Number of Questions
    Site work 4
    Concrete 10
    Masonry 10
    Metals 10
    Carpentry 12
    Thermal and Moisture Protection 9
    Doors and Windows 3
    Drywall and Finishes 4
    Safety 5
    General Code, Plan Reading and Estimating 10
    Nevada One Call 3

    Nevada Residential Light Commercial (B-2) Reciprocity

    Nevada has established reciprocity with Arizona, California, and Utah.

    Nevada Residential Light Commercial (B-2) Permitted Work

    The Nevada Residential and Small Commercial B-2 license allows for the construction or remodeling of houses and other structures which support, shelter, or enclose persons or animals or other chattels, and which do not extend more than three stories above the ground and one story below the ground. A general building contractor may not perform plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, air-conditioning or fire protection without the appropriate specialty license. A person who exclusively constructs or repairs mobile homes, manufactured homes or commercial coaches is not a general building contractor.

    Nevada Residential Light Commercial (B-2) Exam Prep Courses Offered