The Tennessee BC-B Commercial Contractor exam and the Tennessee Business Law exam are the two exams you'll need to pass to get your Residential Contra…Read More>>
This complete book set includes the following: International Building Code 2012 ACI 318-14 Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete and Com…Read More>>
The Tennessee BC-B Commercial Trades Exam and the Tennessee Business Law Exam are the two tests you'll need to pass to get your contractor's license. …Read More>>
Pre-Printed tabs for all books used in the Tennessee BC-B- Commercial Contractor Reference Book Set. Includes Tennessee Business and Law. Each tab set…Read More>>
State Requirements & Application
* A license is required when the total cost or contract amount is $25,000 or more.
Monetary limits for each license as follows:
* 10 times working capital OR 10 times net worth – whichever is LESS
* If the requested monetary limit is $3,000,000 or less, a reviewed financial statement is required.
* If the requested monetary limit is greater than $3,000,000 an audited financial statement is required.
* A license is not granted solely on meeting one requirement. All requirements must be met (exams, financials, experience, etc) and all information submitted is consideredBoard Contact Information:
Board for Licensing Contractors
4th Floor, Davy Crockett Tower
500 James Robertson Pkwy.
Nashville, TN 37243-1150
Website: Tennessee State Contractor License Board
Fees: The Tennessee contractor's license application fee for a new contractor license is $250. To obtain a license application and other forms for Tennessee go to Click Here for Application
Exam Information Exam Fee $55 Number of Questions 100 Passing Score 73% or 73 Questions Time Limit 300 Minutes