The Utah Business Law Exam is required for all Contractors in order to obtain your license. This combo prep course includes absolutely everything you …Read More>>
The Utah Business Law and Project Management Online Prep course will reduce your study time by about 95% (Instant Access) This includes: Online Bus…Read More>>
Utah, Contractors Guide to Business, Law and Project Management is organized into 3 sections. Part 1 focuses on business planning and starting your bu…Read More>>
Utah General Contractors Board Information* Proof of registration with the appropriate departments.Board Contact Information:
* Demonstrate financial responsibility.
* Obtain a certificate of general liability with a minimum coverage of $100,000 per incident and $300,000 in total coverage.
* Provide a certificate of Workers' Comp coverage or proof that the company does not have or intend to hire employees
* Provide an unemployment insurance registration number
* Provide a Utah State tax ID
* File an application with the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing and pay appropriate fees
* Register with the Residence Lien Recovery Fund and pay assessment
* Must have at least two years of proven active experience in the past 10 years. One of those two years shall be in a supervisory or managerial position. A two or four degree in construction management may have one year of experience credited towards the supervisory or managerial experience requirement.
Utah Contractors Requirements
Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing
P.O. Box 146741
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-6741
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Website: Utah Contractors License Board
Fees: The application fee for a new B-100 or R-100 license is $210. The fee for the Residence Lien Recovery Fund Registration is $195. To obtain a license application and other forms for Utah go to Utah Application
Utah Business Law and Project Management Test Information
Test Information: This test covers information in 11 subject areas. The questions are created from content in the 1 book shown below the following chart.
Candidate Information Bulletin: Click here to download the bulletin.
Exam Information Exam Fee $72 Number of Questions 60 Passing Score 70% Time Limit 120 Minutes
Subject Area Number of Questions Business Organizations 4 Licensing 10 Estimating and Bidding 6 Contract Management 6 Project Management 5 Labor Laws 6 Lien Laws 3 Financial Management 6 Risk Management 5 Tax Laws 5 Safety 4
Utah General Contractor Reciprocity
Utah has established reciprocity with Arizona, Louisiana, and South Carolina.
Utah General Contractor Permitted Work
Utah Business Law and Project Management Exam is Required for all Contractors Getting Licensed Within the State. Work allowed is based on the license specification the individual holds.