The Tennessee General Contractor's Trades Exam and the Tennessee Business Law Exam are the two tests you'll need to pass to get your contractor's lice…Read More>>
This Book Set is the Complete with all 23 of the Books required for the Tennessee NASCLA General Contractor Exam. Includes Tennessee Business Law Book…Read More>>
The NASCLA is a Nationally Accepted Commercial Trades Exam Accepted in 16 States. The trades exam is created from information in 23 books. Check with …Read More>>
Pre-Printed tabs for all 23 Books used in the NASCLA Exam including your business law book. These are the premium Mylar/plastic tabs. Assorted colors …Read More>>
Tennessee Commercial General Contractor Requirements & Application
* A Tennessee contractor's license is required when the total cost or contract amount is $25,000 or more.
Monetary limits for each license as follows:
* 10 times working capital OR 10 times net worth – whichever is LESS
* If the requested monetary limit is $3,000,000 or less, a reviewed financial statement is required.
* If the requested monetary limit is greater than $3,000,000 an audited financial statement is required.
* A Tennessee contractor's license is not granted solely on meeting one requirement. All requirements must be met (exams, financials, experience, etc) and all information submitted is consideredBoard Contact Information:
Board for Licensing Contractors
4th Floor, Davy Crockett Tower
500 James Robertson Pkwy.
Nashville, TN 37243-1150
Website: Tennessee State License BoardFees: The application fee for a new contractor license is $250. To obtain a license application and other forms for Tennessee go to Tennessee Contractors Application
Tennessee General Contractor Test Information
Test Information This test covers information in the 12 subject areas below. The questions are created from content in the 23 book set shown below the following chart.
Candidate Information Bulletin: PSI Exams Georgia General Contractor Candidate Bulletin
Exam Information Exam Fee $130 Number of Questions 115 Passing Score 70% or 81 Questions Time Limit 330 Minutes
Subject Area Number of Questions General Requirements 25Site Construction
15 Concrete 6Masonry
4 Metals 6 Wood 5 Thermal and Moisture Protection 5 Doors, Windows, and Glazing 4 Finishes 5 Mechanical and Plumbing Systems 6 Electrical Systems 3 Procurement and Contracting Requirements 31
Tennessee General Contractor Reciprocity
The NASCLA exam serves as your trades exam in Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, U.S. Virgin Islands, West Virginia.
Tennessee General Contractor Permitted Work
Allows for the Construction of Commercial Work Only.