The Mississippi Residential Builder Contractor's Trades Exam and the Mississippi Business Law Exam are the two tests you'll need to pass to get your c…Read More>>
The complete Mississippi Residential book set includes the following:2018 International Residential Code (IRC)Carpentry & Building Construction 2016Mo…Read More>>
The Mississippi Residential Contractor Trades Exam and the Mississippi Business Law Exam are the two tests you'll need to pass to get your contractor'…Read More>>
Pre-Printed tabs for all 9 Books used in the Mississippi Residential Builder Exam. Each tab set includes blank tabs for additional customization. Pre-…Read More>>Step 2
Purchase your exam prep course - Mississippi Residential Builder ExamStep 3
Study for your Mississippi Residential Builder ExamStep 4
Schedule and Pass Your Mississippi Residential Builder Exam PSI Exam
Mississippi Residential Builder Requirements & Application
- You will need this residential contractor license if you are performing residential construction over $50,000. If you are performing residential remodeling or roofing over $10,000 you will need a Residential Remodeling or Roofing license.
- You are required to show proof of general liability insurance coverage. There is no minimum policy amount.
- If you hold a residential contractor license, you may work on commercial projects provided the job does not exceed 7,500 sq. ft.
- Pre-approval from the state is required to sit for this exam.* No financial statements are required for residential applications.
- Applicant must show experience in the classifications of work requested. Applicant will need to list 3 jobs completed in requested Class.Board Contact Information:
Mississippi State Board of Contractors
2679 Crane Ridge Dr. Suite, C
Jackson, MS 39216
Frequently Asked Questions: Mississippi Frequently Asked Questions Fees: The application fee for a new residential contractor license is $50.00. Application: Mississippi Residential Builders License Application
Mississippi Residential Builder Test InformationTest Information:
This open book test covers information over 10 subject areas. The questions are created from content in the 9 book set.
Candidate Information Bulletin: Mississippi Residential PSI Candidate Bulletin
Exam Information Exam Fee $120 Number of Questions 80 Passing Score 70% or 56 Questions Time Limit 180 Minutes
Mississippi Residential Builder License Reciprocity
Mississippi has established residential reciprocity with Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Tennessee. If you have held a license in one of these states for three (3) consecutive years, the board may waive your trade exam. However, the Mississippi Business Law and Project Management exam is mandatory.
Mississippi Residential Builder License Permitted Work
The Mississippi Residential Builders license permits you to Bid and Build Residential Projects in the State of Mississippi. Residential license holders are also allowed to work on commercial projects provided the job does not exceed 7500 square feet.
Mississippi Residential Builder License Prep Courses Offered